Thursday, September 06, 2007

Day 77: Questionnaire for the young

As usual, my dear miao places things in the right perspective. As I spend time complaining about the past (crap! I've grown into an adult!), she has given me an epiphany and make me notice I am obliviating the things that young people are worried about.

Therefore, I want to state that I DO care about what young people are going through, and thus I invite you all readers to let me know the things YOU are interested about by providing me with a reference frame. This are some things I am curious about:

1. What is your favorite music group and what current or style do they belong to?

2. What is the most important technological gadget in your life?

3. Why do you prefer to have an iPod if it requires more work than a CD?

4. What are the issues that cause more anxiety to you?

5. In your personal opinion, does the world in general have a future, is it going to the dogs, or you just don't care?

6. Do you care about having a good career in life?

7. What's your favorite comic/book/magazine?

8. What stuff do you look up for in the web?

Of course, participating in this activity is completely voluntarily, but I will certainly appreciate if some younger people could help this "old" woman (I'm 34, for God's sake =D) to understand your particular perception of the world better, so I can stay tunned, keep my mind young and maybe share something young mates may benefit from, in the intelligence that

Wise is the one who learns from his own mistakes,
but wiser who learns from the mistakes of others.

Thank you in advance for your valuable colaboration (if there are any)

5 comments:

YosoyineS said...

Since I'm 22, and I consider myself young, I'll answer your questionaire:

1. What is your favorite music group and what current or style do they belong to?

Martín Buscalgia or Sankuokai, both on Indie style.

2. What is the most important technological gadget in your life?

My cellphone, definitely

3. Why do you prefer to have an iPod if it requires more work than a CD?

Because in a iPod your percentage of storage increases a lot.

4. What are the issues that cause more anxiety to you?

Discussions and debates without a practical solution.

5. In your personal opinion, does the world in general have a future, is it going to the dogs, or you just don't care?

It has a future, but not a very happy one. More polluted, more violent, and so. But livable.

6. Do you care about having a good career in life?

I hope so, if not, i'll be living under a bridge.

7. What's your favorite comic/book/magazine?

Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tlokien

8. What stuff do you look up for in the web?

Mostly personal weblogs, and technological stuff (yes, I'm a geek, hahaha).

Hoping of being of a great service for the older community, I'll let myself out :P

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Jingo said...

I love questionnaires!

1. Anything apart from R'n'B and rap, although there are exceptions. I mostly listen to indie bands and jazz/blues/classical when I'm studying.

2. My digital radio. It records, rewinds, pauses live radio and everything! My 80GB ipod comes a close second though.

3. Because I don't do CDs. If I had bought all my music I'd be a very poor man indeed. People only buy CDs to collect and to be cool - everyone else just downloads.

4. Exams.

5. Yes it is. And I blame America.

6. Of course! If I didn't I wouldn't be working as hard as I do!

7. Don't really read comics, although I did go through a phase... I read a variety of books, but I do follow Discworld, Bryson and Gaiman books quite closely.

8. News. Keep up to date with the world. Research for work occasionally.

Jingo said...

Btw, for Q5 I meant it is going to the dogs, and I blame America.

Miao 妙 said...

Actually, it is equally cool just reading entries written about your life, even though I may not necessarily be able to relate to your life experiences. You don't have to specially cater to your readers, but I really appreciate that you are making an effort! :D

OK, here goes:

1) If I really have to choose, I'd choose Coldplay. Basically I like all kinds of music except hard rock, rap and hip hop.

2) Tough choice, but I'd pick my computer.

3) I don't have an iPod. I buy CDs.

4) Currently, my main concerns are my studies, my family and my friends. And it disturbs me how human beings are doing colossal damage to the environment and the other living things on Earth. I'm all for the voluntary human extinction programme - that is, every couple should take the initiative to not have any offspring (or each couple should have at most only one child, since the annihilation of mankind would also potentially become a very tragic affair, considering all the other beautiful things mankind has accomplished as well, e.g., poetry, architecture, science, etc.), so that mankind will one day naturally become extinct, or at least our population will be reduced so greatly that no significant harm can be done to our planet anymore.

5) Let nature takes its course.

6) Of course! My definition of 'a good career': A job I really enjoy very much, and which allows me to earn enough to get by comfortably and possibly retire early.

7) I like reading Discover, a scientific magazine. Basically I read anything that interests me, and I have interest in many areas.

8) Mainly blogs and academic research. And news too.

The Usual Stuff said...

Thank you very much, young people, for participating in this questionnaire. I am surprised about the things we do have in common. I promise I will devote 1 particular post to discuss this with each one of you.
On the other hand, I'm definetly left behind in music. jajaja