Monday, December 28, 2009

Reflections for the New Year.

Now that the New Year is approaching and I was fulfilling my self-imposed duty of following the Facebook trend of posting season images on my wall, I started remembering why I am such a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist first TV series, and it is not only the solid characters, appealing plot or intriguing elements, but the actual philosophy behind it.

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange". Some people call it Karma, others the Balance of Life, but, as simplistic as it may seem, once you come to understand that nothing happens without a reason, and that everything in life comes from your own decisions, understanding how the world and people's minds work becomes way easier.

"... all things do come at a price..., there's an ebb and a flow, a cycle, that the pain we went through, did have a reward, and that anyone who's determined and perseveres, will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they expected". Some would say this is just a "a contrived order to give sense to a world that has none", but, in Edward Elric's words, "I'd rather be considered a child than follow a doctrine of cynicism, chaos—apathy". It is now, at this time of renewal, that I remind myself what I have to do to keep control, and strength to go on when it seems my country is facing some of the hardest times ever... It is with that spirit, that if I work hard I will be rewarded, that I'm going to start the New Year.

MAY YOU HAVE A PEACEFULL AND FRUITFULL NEW YEAR!!

No comments: