Sunday, November 01, 2009

Unbalance in life.

Terry Pratchett was absolutely right when he stated that unfortunate events are a bunch of cowards who never face you individually, but jump on you as a pack.

Car breaks dowm, mom breaks down, work situation goes off balance... Every negative thing that can bump on me has done it, and I am barely keeping migrane at bay with 2 aspirins for breakfast every morning.

It is in situations like this when my true character is put to the test, and I become reassured I'm pathologically optimistic: yeah, I was about to ruin my car's engine, but the failure was discovered just in time to prevent that. Sure, my mom broke her ankle in 3 pieces, but at least it wasn't her hip or her skull, and of course my boss and supervisors are giving me a hard time, but I do have enough evidence I've been doing my job properly, so what the hell? Life goes on, doesn't it?

Being thrown off balance by life is not exactly my cup of tea, but I'm sure I will survive.

No comments: