Saturday, August 02, 2008

Summer is over

For me, Summer is almost over. I have to go back to work on Monday (whinning, crying and sobbering). But I do intend to say good-bye to this lovely vacational period with a big smile and class.

One good thing I got from it was that my driving skills have already improved a lot. I am now able to negotiate semi-heavy traffic and almost every street, except for high-speed avenues, which I'm currently working on.

A beautiful Mexico City sight that most turists don't know about is what we call "The Moorish Kiosk" ("El Kiosko Morisco"), located at the Santa Maria La Ribera Park. I certainly hope that one day you may get a chance to see it live.


Here is a closer look:



I do hope your summer has been as productive and fun as mine.

5 comments:

YosoyineS said...

Hehehe, I'm suffering winter here :P

But the holidays went ok, I'd got some time to write, and I loved it (sorry 'bout the verb tenses, I'm quite rusty).

Kisses!!!

Miao 妙 said...

Very grand architecture!

The Usual Stuff said...

inés: it's pouring down here; so much for that sun tan, eh? Your tenses look fine to me; just keep it up.

miao: isn't it lovely? I've been researching a bit on it on the web, but found nothing.

Rick said...

My summer is just beginning. Don't work too hard!
;-)

Nice pics, BTW.

The Usual Stuff said...

kyklops: oooooooohhh, man! you just made me green with envy. I hope your summer is a long and relaxing one with your family.

Thanks for the compliment. Would you believe I took them with my cellphone?