Sunday, February 17, 2008

Irony

Next week, my 8th grade students are going on a camping trip organized by the school. One would assume teachers would be happy to have some time to devote to their catching up. Not me. 8 students are staying due to disciplinary sanctions, and most of us teachers will have to devote time to keep an eye on them and assign enough work to prevent them from killing each other (metaphorically, of course). To cap it all, that's the week I'm not assigned guard duty (basically, keeping an eye on all the students) at the end of the day. Isn't it deliciously ironic?

Thank God, I'm ready with at least one class, from the two I was assigned. My dear boss was so kind in that regard. I'll have to take some time during the week to prepare a second one, but I'll make sure these guys won't have a minute to breath.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

YosoyineS said...

Hey, don't be too harsh on your boys, hehe, if not they may hate you.

See ya girl!

The Usual Stuff said...

Indeed that's what I hope for, inés. If they get to hate me because I'm demanding, strict, and pile loads of homework on their heads, then my job will be done.

XOX!