Saturday, June 02, 2007

Day 61: I'm still alive!!

Shoot. It's been 12 days since my last post, and this was one of those things I had promise myself I wasn't gonna do: neglect this intellectual exercise. Therefore, here I am with the little news, so my hypothetical and real readers (God bless them all) may know I'm still alive.

1. Work: I've complained enough, and it's time to say I'm already on the move to get out of the rat hole. I've attended just one interview, but seems promising (keep your fingers crossed for me, ok?). I'm taking all my medication like a good girl, and I took today off from all responsibilities, so I could relax a bit.

2. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At the World's End": As part of my relaxing program, I went to a VIP hall to watch this movie. Sorry to say I found the ending disappointing. I'm not gonna spoiler it here, but I think some people deserved a happier ending. Guess I'd raised too high expectations on that.

3. Bowling lessons: Tomorrow I'll be attending my third lesson. Although my average has been worse than the last time I played, I must say I'm quite getting a grasp on this, and starting to throw a little bit more 'professionally'. I still look like a hippo on its tip-toes, tough, but I'm having a lot of fun.

4. New car: Next weekend I'm finally getting my greedy anxious hands on my new car. Unfortunately, I still don't know how to drive, but that is a minor annoyance now that I've pictured myself driving it. It's a second-hand VW Pointer, but it's in a swell condition thanks to my mom. I just hope I don't make my debut on it with a dent.

5. Wii: Finally, I was able to purchase my Wii console. We currently have just one game and one set of controls, and I've had very little time to enjoy it, but my hubby and I have had a lot of fun trying to best each other at different 'sports'. I'm becoming quite proficient at bowling, although it's so different from real bowling. We are also enjoying the planning of the games we're gonna purchase soon, such as "Monkey Ball-Banana Blitz", "Wii Play" and some others.

Well, I think that'll be all for today. I do promise I'll try to post more frequently. My friend "Y sin embargo"'s technique of posting small comments regarding current events is good to keep the pace up, so I'm gonna borrow a leaf from his book and give it a try whenever I run short of time or ideas. Keep looking!! I'll be there!!

No comments: