Tuesday, April 15, 2008

EMOTIONAL SUPPORT

There might be a slight chance that I get my gallbladder problem solved this very weekend. That might sound like good news, you'd think. But as usual, it always seems that my family are absolutely incapable of taking a grip on themselves, and I, the patient, has to be comforting and supporting my relatives who immediatly panic.

Why the hell can't I be pampered and spoiled for once? I'm absolutely terrified, since it would be the very first major surgery I would undergo in my life, and I have to spend time calming people around me!!

That is just so unfair...

4 comments:

YosoyineS said...

Hey! Cheer up and calm down!. Here you don't have to comfort anyone but you.

Breathe....

breaaathe...

If you're ready, you can go back to the real world now :S

XOXOXOXOXOX! Good Luck!

Miao 妙 said...

I hope that your operation will go smoothly!

My mum has been having chest pains, and there were a few times when it appeared that she might have been afflicted with breast cancer (fortunately, they all turned out to be false alarms in the end). Naturally I was very frightened and I cried secretly without letting her know - I didn't want to increase her emotional burden.

Your family's reaction is understandable - perhaps you should let them know that you need them to be happy and strong for your sake. All the best and I hope you'll be healthy and fine!

Rick said...

I hope the operation turns out successfully! Try not to be too scared. Maybe calming your family can take your mind off the upcoming surgery?
Good luck!

The Usual Stuff said...

ines: It took a whole metaphorical oxygen tank to calm down. ja,ja.

miao: I'm so glad it was just a false alarm! My family sometimes says that I am either a cold-hearted reptile or an exploding volcano because I usually react very calmly or go berserk in the face of danger, but never panick nor cry. Maybe I shouldn't forget that it is them who keep me human. Thanks for your good wishes.

Kyklops: Hey, man, long time no see! Thanks a lot for your good wishes. Indeed, trying to keep a dead-pan face helped me not to sucumb to panic.